Friday, May 9, 2014

White Interiors

I am loving stark white interiors lately. White walls, white floors, white furniture. White everything. I am attracted to how clean and airy it looks. It has a calming effect on me. Here are some of my favorite interiors:


Oh. My. Goodness. So clean and crisp. I would love to wake up in this bed every morning. Any color in this room really pops. I love the use of texture -- the wood headboard (which, btw, you can make yourself here), the quilt, the furry throw. 


Even though this little corner is cluttered, it feels clean and fresh. 


This room feels very open. I love how mismatched it is -- different chairs and different sized pictures. It's so individual. This dining area definitely has a personality. 


Another perfect dining room. The chairs are to die for. Both styles are some of my favorites. I love the contrast of the super modern Eames chair remake with the more traditional looking wishbone chairs. The sideboard almost disappears into the wall, but it has a sheen which reflects back into the room. The black pendant draws focus to the table. 


I love the huge pop of color the chairs bring. The room is still so white and airy, but the chairs add some quirk. The table is amazing. The great thing about a white interior is that you can get away with more chunky furniture without weighing down the room. And, I can't not mention the chandelier. How amazing is the geometric frame?


This kitchen has a more rustic feel than some of the other rooms. The brick adds so much dimension and texture. The many uses of greenery make the room so approachable. I love the barstools. I'm a sucker for a pop of yellow. Also, they're similar to the iconic Tolix chairs that I love. 


While a little darker, this kitchen is based in white. The black adds dimension, the tile backsplash adds texture, and the bronze pendant adds some glam. The Lucite chairs and stainless steel table keep the room fresh and light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment