Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bright Floral Letter

I recently embarked on a total room makeover. For a long time I have wanted a large letter "M" (for Madison, of course) incorporated into my decor. I think they are so classy and are a great way to portray your style. So, I decided to couple that desire with my love for Lana Del Rey and the flower crown. The product is a super bright and springy floral M that is a new focal point in my space.

I found the tutorial for this project over at The Sassy Life. Kaite and I created the masterpiece last Saturday afternoon when we were feelin' crafty. We changed very little from the original tutorial, except the material for the letter. We couldn't find a paper maché letter anywhere in town, so we made our own out of two pieces of foam board (This isn't advisable if you can find a pre-made letter. Ours was difficult to cut out.). I also added some ribbon around the edges, since they were not smooth.


I bought a lot of faux flowers. A lot. 



The next thing we had to do, of course, was take a bunch of photos of ourselves with the flowers. We had to get our money's worth, right?
  
Kaite's beautiful letter design.

So many flowers! Designing the layout was the best part.

Finished product. So cute!

Placed it on my desk. A cute backdrop for when I'm studying!

I think this project turned out pretty well! It looks so good! The best part is, it wasn't too difficult. It took us a good 3 hours, but the results are amazing and totally worth it. The whole project was under $50. That's still a pretty steep price, but fake flowers are expensive! I love having something that looks so bright and alive. Even though the flowers are fake, it's like bringing the beautiful outdoors inside. The best part is, the flowers will last year round! I have fallen in love with this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment