Saturday, May 3, 2014

What Time is It? Spring Time!

The warmer months are upon us. Yesterday I put away my winter sweaters and brought out the bright, airy tank tops. If you are anything like me, you tailor your whole ensemble to the season. One of my crucial accessories is the watch. Both practical and stylish, a watch can add so much to an outfit.

Just like my clothes, I change watches with the seasons. The color or material of a watch makes it appropriate for certain seasons. For example, dark brown tortoise or black metal are fall or winter watches, while white leather or pink braided watches are indicative of spring and summer. Coordinating your watches with clothes as well as seasons makes for a more cohesive and classy look.

I am currently shopping for a new spring watch. I'm looking for something oversized and silver, but not too flashy. In my search I have found so many cute watches perfect for spring. My favorites are shared below.


I love Nixon watches. They are well made and always stylish. This watch is very plain, but the oversized face makes it stand out. The case is 37mm, so it will be fairly large on your arm. The silver color is great for spring. It's bright, shiny, and goes with every outfit. 


Kate Spade is one of my favorite all around brands. It is not surprising that they have fantastic watches. This watch has a very class look, but it still has the quirk and personality that Kate Spade is famous for. The watch is designed to look like an odometer, which I think is amazingly cute! The white and gold scheme is so perfect for spring. 


Rose Gold is very on trend this spring, so this Fossil watch is perfect for the stylish girl. I love the juxtaposition of glitzy and electronic. The watch looks cool and modern. It might not be the perfect everyday watch, but this piece would make quite the statement. 

Kate Spade Gramercy Mini in Silver $225

I love small watches for springtime. This one from Kate Spade is incredibly cute and classy. It's perfect for the girl with a small wrist or just someone who wants something adorable. The Gramercy Mini is the perfect dainty watch that will go with any outfit. Very Betty Draper. 


If you want to make a statement for spring, try a bold colored watch. Hot pink is a great color for spring and brings a feminine flair to any outfit. The strap of this watch is rubber, which adds a cool and casual vibe. 


For a cheaper option, this watch from Oasis is amazing. Perfect for the girl who can't choose a favorite metal, it features both silver and gold. You never have to worry about matching your jewelry to your watch again! It is a great everyday watch that matches everything. Incredibly versatile, you can wear this watch from day to night with jeans and an oxford during the day and a little black dress at night. 

1 comment: