Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Chai Dilemma

Hello, my name is Kaite and I am addicted to chai lattes.

It's a fact. It's also a key player in my perpetual state of almost-broke. Last weekend was the moment I realized I needed help. Within three days, I had four large chais, all from different establishments. Yes, I am aware that I have a problem. Or do I? 

Recently, Starbucks launched their new "Oprah Chai." The icon herself teamed up with Teavana to create her own special blend. With every purchase of an Oprah Chai, Starbucks gives a donation to benefit youth education. You can read much more on the Starbucks website: Teavana Oprah Chai Tea Debuts at Starbucks and Teavana Stores in the U.S. and Canada.

So, maybe my excessive consumption of chai lattes isn't such a bad thing. As long as I always get Oprah Chai from Starbucks, my broke-ness can be for a good cause! Except... I don't like Oprah Chai. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that it's bad. I just don't prefer it. So, let me rephrase: I prefer the original Starbucks chai to Oprah Chai. But how can I justify not ordering Oprah Chai? What kind of person chooses less-gingery flavor over a child's education? How inconsiderate! How selfish!

It seems I still have a problem. Maybe I'll just stick to Dutch Bros. for a while... Because, you know, running away from your problems is a solid way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment